- The Immigrant Workforce
- Why Is Florida Not Tracking and Sharing Information on the Progress of 290,000 Students?
- Office of New Americans of Miami-Dade County Partners with Hispanic Unity of Florida to Launch FREE Citizenship Classes at Libraries throughout Miami-Dade County
- Hispanic Unity of Florida (HUF) Selected by Citi Foundation to Accelerate Opportunity in South Florida
- Hispanic Unity of Florida Inducts 2018 Board Officers
- @FeedingSFL, our community partner, is organizing assistance for those impacted by #HurricaneMichael. We invite you… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- Thank you ThirdFederal, for your recent $25,000 contribution supporting HUF’s Pathway to Homeownership and Financia… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- The Proposed #PublicRule has been released and this is your opportunity to make #publiccomments! It would make us a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- A tribute to our friend, Rosa Maria Plasencia. We salute her for incredible dedication and love of her mission. For… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Andy Cagnetta Named To Chair United Way of Broward County "Always a civic-minded individual, Cagnetta joined the UW… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
Category Archives: Civic Engagement
The following was excerpted from comments made by Josie Bacallao, President/CEO of Hispanic Unity at a Naturalization Ceremony in the USCIS office in Oakland Park, Florida. Let me get a bit personal. My doctors were born in China and Ethiopia. … Continue reading
Jimmy Buffett, my favorite troubadour, asks in one of his songs, “are you kind?” If you are kind, you care about others. If you care about others you may want to make their lives better. If their lives are better, … Continue reading
"I'll give you three minutes to disperse and return to your homes or to your church." #Selma50 pic.twitter.com/83ccHA99ef — John Lewis (@repjohnlewis) March 7, 2015 The marchers didn’t have three minutes. “Bloody Sunday” and the images on national television shamed our … Continue reading